Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 103

Thread: Bye, bye Cigarettes....

  1. #11
    Inactive Member IrishMick's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2006
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I gave them up 3 years ago. I get a craving once in a while but I tell myself "I am stronger than that" and preoccupy my mind with something else. It does help that Colorado is smoke-free in all public places now.

    Congrats Cherie! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I'm proud of you [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    ~Cass

  2. #12
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hang Tough Cherie, We are all behind you and we all Believe [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    johnnyjosephemil
    Guest johnnyjosephemil's Avatar

    Post

    The last time I tried to quit was 2001, the year a complete smoking ban went into effect in Ottawa. The streets were more polluted than they
    were before. The air was actually blue. It was difficult to get into any newly minted non-smoking establishment without inhaling a packs' worth of second hand smoke. [img]confused.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    moderator CHERIECURRIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2000
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    This has been very easy with only a few nudges here and there but I tell myself it will pass and it does..
    The patch is fantastic. I strongly recommend it.
    I will not go back no matter what.
    I feel too good (and smell too good ;-) to give it a second thought.
    My friends that smoke say they won't do it around me and I tell them 'please do' cause it sticks and I love the fact I'm not a part of it anymore.
    Please just try the patch! It works!!
    Love ya!
    Cherie

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Wingnut!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2005
    Posts
    526
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Doc has me on something called Chantix.
    It's suppose to work better then the other stuff...I'll let ya know how it works...

  6. #16
    moderator CHERIECURRIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2000
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that's what Dr. David Law (Lungman) might have prescribed for me which I didn't try... Is that it David?
    BTW... I don't wear the patch on my arm but my hip. I'm weaning myself of them now. Getting rid of those cig's really ROCKS!!!
    xx,
    C

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ July 04, 2007 03:54 AM: Message edited by: CHERIECURRIE ]</font>

  7. #17
    HB Forum Owner ChrysStylle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2002
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There are a few other people I know who could stand to give them up, and she's (so it's only one) probably grumbling at me as she reads this. Hmmmm.....

    Rock on!

  8. #18
    Inactive Member tim52160's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now i got my mom to quit by buying them for her.[guilt works both ways} lol But my dad has smoked unfiltered since he was 12 .I always thought it was odd that so many singers smoked then someone told me it gives the voice that " smokey edgie sound".I was so surprised when i got to meet Tanya Tucker and she was smoking.!Of course that was years ago.I heard a lot of people also did it to keep from snacking all the time. Lost a classmate to it 2 years ago.I quit qwhen i was in high school.Now if i can quit eating . be great to lose this 320#s down to 190#

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Wingnut!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2005
    Posts
    526
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lucky Patch [img]wink.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member dlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2006
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's right,Cherie---it was Chantix that I RX,d. But what ever works, works!!

    I just saw a 52yo woman in the hospital who had a total laryngectomy for cancer of the vocal cords. Smoked up to the day of her surgery!!! She won't be singin' in the choir any more. Has a permanent tracheotomy (hole in the neck). Sorry to be so graphic but people have to know what the risks are.

    Smoking is Russian Roulette with your life---only with three bullets in the chamber!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic